Welcometo the Ledyard Middle School webpage. It is my sincere hope that youfind it to be helpful and informative. As you peruse the site whether itbe seeking a particular piece of information, or to find out more aboutour learning community and our offerings, please feel free at any timeto provide feedback. It is a goal here at LMS to better serve ourstudents and families, and to make all feel connected and integral tothe education of our children.
The school year is off to a fantastic start. Our new schedule isrunning smoothly, and all of our programs are being received by thestudents with eagerness and enthusiasm. It is surely going to be a goodone! As you can imagine, we have a number of areas of emphasis that willconsume a substantial amount of our attention and focus this year.Amongst these are the following:
- Identify and implement leadership opportunities for staff via curriculum work and professional development activities.
- Improve communication with families via the school website, teacher websites, and social media.
- Expand technology offerings/opportunities for students.
- Enhance learning opportunities in all content areas by incorporating the “4 C’s” (Creativity, Critical Thinking, Communication, Collaboration).
- Revise the social studies curriculum to align with new standards.
Inaddition to these goals, we here at LMS are always mindful of theoverall experience our students have. As such, we are continuallypromoting and attending to the development of the “whole” child, andseeking ways to meet each and every student where s/he is. Our studentscome first, and our staff is second to none. Ledyard Middle School trulyis an amazing place to be, and I am honored and proud to serve acommunity as committed to its kids as Ledyard.